If you are thinking about buying bicycle bags for your friends, you would notice a lot of options, and you might even get confused regarding which one to buy, especially if it is a gift for cyclist. Your choices are not just limited to durability and strength, but actually extend to good looks and trends as well.
While there are many cyclists who don’t like to have bags on their bicycles or on their body, I think that bags such as cycling backpacks are among the best gifts for cyclists. Your friends will probably find these bicycle gifts very useful.
Bicycle Saddlebags, Cycling Backpacks or Bicycle Handlebar Bag?
If you plan to go hiking after reaching your destination, then I would advocate a cycling backpack since you can take it along with you as you hike. But if it is just a bike trip, then a bicycle saddle bag would be a better option. So it depends upon your need.
If you are going on a short trip that is less than 70 miles, you would need a small bicycle handlebar bag or bicycle saddle bag. If you are planning to go on a long tour to last a few days, you would need more luggage, and hence bigger bags. You can use saddlebags for bicycles to distribute the weight evenly on both sides of the bike – both front and back.
What to Carry in Your Bag?
Saddle bags are ideal for small things like cell phone, keys or a wallet. Make sure you carry also an outdoor first aid kit. After that, you can carry some food (such as energy bars and fruits), and some bicycle safety equipment. If you are a music lover, you can carry your iPod or other things in these bags, though I don’t use my iPod while riding my bike.
If you are going out in winters, you can carry bicycle rain gear, an extra sweatshirt or a pair of bicycling socks.
Another important thing to carry is a simple bicycle repair kit. If you are going to distant places, you can carry more luggage, but I always prefer traveling light.
Check Out My List of Bicycle Bags
- Bicycle Baskets – If you’re looking for a gift for the cyclist in your life, and you don’t want to spend a whole lot of money, consider giving bicycle accessories, such as bicycle baskets. Bicycle rear and front baskets are great for carrying all of your goods while your travel via bicycle.
- Bicycle Panniers – If you’re new to cycling, or you are shopping for a cyclist, you may not know what bicycle panniers are. Panniers are traveling bags designed for longer distances. They are attached to either side of your front or rear wheels, and they are usually attached to a bicycle with hooks or straps.
- Bicycle Saddle Bags – If you’re not a cyclist, but you have a cyclist in your life, you should know what bicycle saddle bags are. Saddle bags are zippered bags that are attached under the seat of a bicycle. They are usually small to medium size bags, and they’re meant to be easily accessible while riding.
- Bicycle Handlebar Bag – A bicycle handlebar bag is a great storage solution for bikers on the go. They allow bikers’ belongings to be within reach as they bike, but protected from the elements. They are more sophisticated than a simple bicycle basket, but primarily serve the same function. A handlebar bag would make a great gift for any biker.
- Bicycle Handlebar Bags – Bicycle handlebar bags are very useful and handy, since the cyclist can open them and get what he or she need whenever they wants, without having to get off the bike or even stop cycling. Read more and get your friend a bicycle handle bar bag as a gift.
- Cycling Backpack – A cycling backpack is essential gear for almost any cyclist. Bicycling backpacks are the perfect gift, especially for any rider who travels any type of long distances. These backpacks are large enough to carry all of the essential gear any cyclist needs during long bike rides or bicycle tours.
You are invited to visit my website for many more Bicycle Gift Ideas!
Some words about me, and about gifts for cyclists
At the age of 40 my wife gave me the perfect bicycle gift: a brand new mountain bike. At that time I could not know that this will sign a turning point in my life, at least in my relations with sports.
Are you looking for some great bicycle gift ideas? If that is the case, you came to the right place. Take a look at my website: [http://www.bicycle-gift-ideas.com/].
If you have any questions or suggestions you are welcome to Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/David_Lidor/824289
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7239929